Being Dependent | Relationships

by - Wednesday, March 09, 2016


People usually say, 'Don't be dependent on one another', when you are in a relationship, because it's just going to he a hassle for one another if something where to ever happen. Or you just become someone who can't handle things without their partner. But what people fail to realise is that being dependent on your partner is a beautiful part of being in a relationship. Being dependent doesn't make you weak, it just makes you feel safe and loved. 

Don't you want to know that someone is there for you to ramble sh*t to, or that if you are going through trouble then someone is there to pick up the pieces, or just make you feel happy and whole? I do. I am dependent on my beloved, but that doesn't mean I have to do everything with him, it just means I love having his presence around, and it just means that I enjoy being with him, because it's my choice. It's not because I can't handle it.  

For everything my partner does for me, I appreciate it. And it's not a one way thing, I'm always there for him too. If he ever needs me, I'm right by his side.  Being dependent is fine. There is nothing wrong with it. Of course there's the point of being happy and independent within yourself first, but once in love, you don't have to always rely on yourself for that, you can lean on someone because that's the beautiful thing about love.

Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | BlogLovin'

You May Also Like

0 comments

Instagram