I Am A Wanderluster.

by - Friday, May 13, 2016

Heya amours! This post is one of them posts that stay hidden in your drafts until you feel it's the right moment to start typing and hopefully publish. The reason why I have put this on hold is because I don't know what to right because I have no clue on how to express why I am a wanderluster. But I will give it a go, and tell you guys why I love travelling.
 
Myanmar
I've enjoyed travelling from a young age, whether it was within my city, or going abroad. The first time I went travelling was when I was about 3-4 years old, and it was to Burma, also known as Myanmar. I don't remember too much about the country, other than faint and small memories of those daily visits across the street to my relatives' house, or the late nights with people shouting and selling yummy fruits and food. I mean it was pretty cool.

Dubai
A couple of years after, around my teens, I started to visit France more. My trips to France would be about every 2 years, and latest visit was back in December 2015. But until 2014, I hadn't been abroad and visited another country other than Europe, so when my mum and step father decided to take the whole family to Saudi Arabia to perform Umrah, and spend a week in Dubai, I did get excited. Before that holiday away, I would be complaining to my mum on how we hadn't been going out on holidays because it's always been an interest of mines to see different cities, cultures and try out various foods.

Makkah
And now being an 18 year old, I have realised that I am a wanderluster. A person who has the passion to travel around the world. I enjoy seeing the beautiful and detailed iconic landmarks, trying out famous foods whether I enjoy it or not, hearing the various amazing languages, or the kind of culture that people are part of. It's all fascinating. Every place has its own distinctive features, and that's what makes travelling around the world special. Despite living in the UK, I would still be excited to visit London because it's not something I am used to, seeing the hustle and bustle that occurs in London is rather interesting.

London
Everyone deep down loves travelling, I mean which British person doesn't want to go America and vice versa. But what makes people like me, and other travellers different to normal travel lovers is the reason to why we love to travel. What makes us so passionate to go through any hardship (expenses, likelihood of getting an illness) or tiring journey (long flights, commuting from one transport to another) to travel the globe. The reason to that is because of the result, because despite of how the journeys are, the destination is so much better, what we see in the places we plan to go is unusually unique because we are not accustomed to it. I may be quite introvert, but seeing the way people live their lives in other countries is fascinating. Not just that but I feel as a person you open up more to all these experiences, you become a different but better person because you are aware of the situation and way of life in other places around the world.

Paris
We get so focused to the way we live, and so used to our own hometown/society, that we don't always think about the outside. I, as a person want to see and get to know people from all around the world. Having parents from two completely different background kind of does that to me, because it's interesting how my parents had lived their lives, or spent their daily life doing. My father would be out and about in Madagascar with his brothers, whilst my mum would be at home, or visiting relatives just a couple of houses away in Burma.

Madagascar
Being able to see the rest of the world through the media is not enough for me. I want to be there, I want to be able to make memories in those places that I desire to go. I want to be able to reflect back when I'm old, and realise that I did what I've always enjoyed and wanted to do. Even though I know I will struggle with the finance, and accommodation, and travelling from one place to another, or that I may have to lose some sleep, I want to experience it all because that's the beauty of travelling.

Airplane
Some of you may share the same passion and love as me, and if you do tweet/comment/message me, I would love to talk to other travel bloggers out there. Or if you want to see future posts of my travel bucket list, then let me know in the comments down below, and I would be happy to share my choices/experiences. 

You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. "We get so focused to the way we live, and so used to our own hometown/society, that we don't always think about the outside." THIS!! So true. I find if I stay in my "home" bubble for too long, I start to get awfully anxious. Traveling outside and seeing the way other people live, the way other places look, feel, and work, keeps me healthy and alive. Would LOVE to see your travel bucket list! Great post :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a nice post. Congratulations on performing Umrah by the way! I've been to Dubai but not any of those other places. Myanmar looks like a beautiful place though :D

    the-emo-wolverine-writes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ache to travel as well! I'm trying to save up to go abroad next summer to celebrate my college graduation. I'm thinking either Canada or the UK right now since I haven't been to either. There's so many places and cultures I want to experience. How can I begin to choose!? Thanks for sharing this post, girl. XOXO

    Breanna Catharina
    smile--sugar.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree that you can just get stuck in one place and forget that there's a whole world out there waiting to be explored! I was looking at photographs of Mauritius online just this morning and getting serious wanderlust! This post really spoke to me!

    Abbey 😍 www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Instagram