Luscious Cupcakes and Macarons | BakerStCakes

by - Friday, May 20, 2016


Hiya amours! Today's my one-year blog anniversary and in order to celebrate this special day, I along with my partner visited Baker St Cakes. It's been a while since we had their cupcakes and macarons, so it was much needed. 
We arrived there on time, at 12, which was when the store opened. As a result we were the first ones there, which was pretty good because we had the whole store available to just move about and take pictures. Last time we visited it was quite busy, so this time we made the most of the less busy atmosphere. 
We ordered Ispahan, Birthday Oreo, and Nutella Red Velvet Cupcakes, Passion Fruit Ganache and Alphonso Mango Macarons, and Pink Lemonade drink.


The Birthday Oreo, is a cupcake that they recently created and ever since I've seen it roam around my instagram page, I've been wanting it. Alhumdulillah they had that available. It was yummy, and absolutely delicious. Anything related to chocolate or cookies and cream is yummy. I enjoyed the whole decoration of the icing. The cupcake was baked perfectly and it was definitely soft. There are some icing that is just nice with the cupcakes, however this oreo icing was soo yummy, that I just crave for more now. Ummm!


Ispahan Cupcake. This cupcake as far as I know is a latest one. The description of it containing rose, lychee and raspberry flavour just tempted us to select that one as well. To be honest we were originally settling for the Birthday Oreo and Nutella Red Velvet cupcakes, but my partner decided to also just get another, because if you are going to get something scrumptious then you might as well spend properly. The Ispahan cupcake was honestly perfect, right amount of flavours, and baked to the perfection. Other than the Birthday Oreo, this has got to be one of my favourites.


The next cupcake is the Red Velvet Cupcake. Just like the previous cupcakes, this one was well made too. Soft, filled with flavour and delicious. I love that Nutella was used as a centre filling because who doesn't love Nutella. Nutella works with everything. We chose all these cupcakes because it was different to the ones we bought in the first visit, and plus it would have been worth the blog post since we had something different.


On to the macarons. Passion fruit ganache Macaron was chosen by my partner because he likes that fruit, I on the other hand was hesitant because I'm not a huge fan of it. But when I did try it, I have to admit, it was tasteful! The passion fruit flavour wasn't too overpowering and strong, so it had the right amount of taste on my taste buds.


Mango is a personal favorite of mine. Originally I was going to go for the cookies as cream but sometimes you have to try other various flavours, so mango it was! The mango flavour was complimented with the soft texture of the macaron shell. The Macaron itself has a lovely crunch and soft texture inside. Once again baked really well, of course.


Lastly the drink. To be frank, it was quite similar to Sprite so it was nice, but here comes the blogger part within me, just look at the glass, and colours. So lovely, and pretty. Plus it had the Paris icon on the logo/graphic area, so that's an extra bonus.


The question is overall how was it? Masha'Allah it was amazing. Everything has their own distinctive flavours, yet they are all baked very well. The decor is something I won't stop loving because it's absolutely gorgeous. Insha'Allah I'm hoping to visit back their again next week. The baker is a nice person who even offered to give a cupcake on the house, but if you are reading this, don't worry we will pop by next week Insha'Allah!

Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | BlogLovin'

All photographs rightfully belong to SimplyRabiaPhotography (Me), please do not steal and use as your own.

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. Ahhh the place looks so pretty and the decor is just stunning <3 I still need to visit this place ASAP! Another amazing food post <3 xx

    ReplyDelete

Instagram