NEW TALK OF THE TOWN | CHOCOBERRY

by - Tuesday, April 17, 2018


Hi guys! One thing about Leicester, as it's not a really big city, is that once a new place has opened up it really does become the talk of the town, because many people are constantly posting about it. It's the same with Chocoberry. This is located next to Chaiiwala on Evington Road. Chocoberry has a wide selection of desserts. From different types of waffles, freakshakes, normal milkshakes, churros, crepes, and many more. 

 

As I've been meaning to go for quite some time, and since I have seen photographs pop up on Instagram, I knew exactly what to order. The wait for getting the dessert wasn't that long, I think it was about 5-10 minutes, which is decent since they do make it fresh. 


I ordered Waffle Bites (White Chocolate & Strawberry) & Spanish Curros. 

 

For the waffle bites, you get to choose a sauce (from their selection) and topping. Normally I would go for Nutella, but it's nice to be different too. The waffles itself was honestly soft, coated with the perfect amount of sauce, and served with the right amount of topping too. It really was amazing! I can see why this dessert is ordered by many. Next time I got to have the 50/50, so half white chocolate, and half milk chocolate/Nutella, or the pink wave! For this dessert, I can say that it is as delicious as it looks. 


Lastly, churros! One of my favourite desserts. And I am very picky when it comes to it because it really has to be done right. And some places do mess it up (no names, no shame). I enjoyed these churros. The fact that the Nutella is served separately, which may I say they gave a generous amount of, is great because you are in control of when you want to dip the churros or enjoy it on its own. Anyways, the churros itself was not overdone. There's a slight crunch when you bite into it, yet still taste a little bit of the cooked dough inside. However it is a little oily, but I can understand that it is not always easy to control that. So for £3.50, this is actually pretty reasonably priced. I forever, however, will favour towards the straight'ish traditional look of the churros hehe!

I would definitely come back to try out other flavours of the waffles bites, choco puffs, and also their various waffles such as the bubble waffle, full/half waffles, and also stick waffles. And most certainly their chocolate dipped strawberries (completed forgot about that when I went today *facepalm*). Hope you enjoyed the review! If you've been then leave your comments down below!

Chocoberry
207 Evington Rd, Leicester LE2 1QN
Website
Instagram

You May Also Like

0 comments

Instagram