雞肉和麵條 | Chicken And Noodles

by - Thursday, October 19, 2017


Hi, guys! After seeing the result of a recent poll that I had posted on my insta story, between Creams Leicester and Chicken & Noodles, the majority of voters chose Chicken & Noodles to be posted first so here it is. 

I read about this place somewhere on Instagram, and because my partner and I are Chinese food lovers, we gave it ago in July. Since then we have been making multiple visits to the place because that's how much we love it. Chicken & Noodles is on Charles Street in Town (Leicester), opposite New Look. The partner and I used to walk past this area many times, but we never really paid attention to this place. So some of you guys might have done the same too haha.

 

(The mainboard with the menu, on this post, is old, and it has changed recently, but I have provided the up to date information about the box meal below)

During the daytime, they have 3 box options. Small (1 base and 1 topping), Regular (2 base and 2 toppings), and Large (3 base and 3 toppings). In the beginning, we went for Large quite a few times, until we realised it is actually very very filling, so we recently have gone down to the regular which is the just right. 

T     H     E     T     O     P     P     I     N     G     S 

 

What I ordered (and what I usually order) was Noodles, Spicy Chips, Chilli Popcorn Chicken, Spring Rolls and Black Bean Chicken sauce (currently everything remains the same just no spring rolls).

In this first visit, the partner ordered Noodles, Spicy Chips, Chilli Popcorn and Garlic Chicken, and Jeera Chicken sauce. But nowadays he just orders Spicy Chips, Chilli Popcorn Chicken and the sauces tends to vary depending on what he feels like. 


D     E     L     I     C     O     U     S     -  FOR REAL

 

This is the Chilli Oil. My favourite! I cover my food with this so much because it's not so spicy, but it adds that heat and spice to everything which is absolutely delicious! If you are someone that can't handle spiciness then try with a little bit first, and then add more if you want. My personal preference is to just add so much (not too much that you lose the flavours of the actual food)

 

The spring rolls were gooood! They were vegetable spring rolls, and delicious to have with everything. The chilli popcorn chicken is definitely a fave, for both me and the partner. They give a good amount of them. It's coated great, and not overpowering with chilli flavour. And yes, I am a pro at chopsticks! I love using it. 

 

Noodles are egg fried noodles, so it's those standard ones, but I love ordering it because I'd rather order that then the rice, and because it's yummy having it with the various toppings I have in the box. The spicy chips are the bomb! So crispy, and perfect! When it's covered with all the other toppings, and you have a piece of it then it's even more delicious because it has all the flavour in it. And lastly, the black bean chicken sauce is more on the sweet side, but not sooooo sweet. When I eat in, I see many people ordering that one too, so it seems like it's a popular one because it's not on the spicy side, and gives a great combo/balance with all the other items.

 

I know I've been pretty vague at reviewing the food for this one, but all I can say is do visit the shop. It's affordable and tasty! Worth every penny. Plus it's a good option to go for rather than the greasy fast food from Maryland and Royal hahaha. If you haven't then definitely go visit! And I know some readers on Instagram have commented that they have been, so do let me know what other things you guys have tried out.

 

You May Also Like

0 comments

Instagram