Recipe | Chicken Salad with Garlic Bread

by - Friday, April 22, 2016


Hey lovelies! Healthy eating isn't something I'm used to, especially when it comes to losing weight, and my way of doing that before was to starve which I agree is not the best idea because once you eat, you just put the weight back on. So this time I'm hoping that Insha'Allah I can slowly start and keep it up rather then giving up straight away. 

And with that being said, I had spent a good couple of minutes thinking of what I could have for dinner, rather than the usual rice and curry which is yummy but has a lot of carbohydrates. I came up with the combination, as you can tell from the title, Chicken Salad with Garlic Bread. Here's the recipe:

Ingredients

Lettuce
Sweetcorn 
Chicken 
Garlic Bread

Method

1. Cook chicken strips in a little bit of oil, until the chicken goes white (Cooked).

2. Cut up the desired amount of lettuce into strips, and wash it. 

3. In a bowl, add the lettuce and sweetcorn. 

4. Using ready made Garlic Bread, cut each pieces, place them on a oven tray and put it in the oven to bake. Leave in for a good couple of minutes in low fire, so that it gets quite crispy yet soft in the middle. 

5. Once the chicken is cooked, cut them up in smaller pieces and add it into the bowl. 

6. For some taste, add in some Oregano, Grounded Pepper and a tiny bit of salt.  

7. After the garlic bread has been baked, cut them into small pieces too, and place them into the bowl.

8. Once all the items are in the bowl, place a plate on top of it and shake it about. 

Now enjoy! 

-

This recipe was great because it contained some carbohydrates (Garlic Bread) vegetables (Lettuce and Sweetcorn) and protein (Chicken). I avoided any oil in the salad, because although I could have added olive oil, I wanted the salad to be as healthy as possible. Baking the garlic bread by using the oven rather than the pan was a much better option because it meant the fattiness from the oil and butter decreased so much more. 

The recipe like a couple of my other ones can be suited to your own tastes. You can grill your chicken, add salad dressing, or use different vegetable such as tomatoes, cucumber etc. 

What I like about this, is that it's light, less fatty as well as filling. You can have this for lunch or dinner. Either way it's healthy and yummy. Something I'm not too used to when it comes to vegetables.

Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | BlogLovin

You May Also Like

0 comments

Instagram