How The Korean Skincare Routine Helped!

by - Wednesday, May 17, 2017


Hi, guys! My last skincare routine post was posted in January, and since then I've done some research, bought products, and tested them out for a good month. And here I am sharing my up to date routine. Firstly I will say that what works for my skin may not work for everyone reading this post, so please do check the ingredients and know your skin before purchasing any products with the hope of your skin getting better but may end up being the opposite. 

I've been inspired by the Korean skincare routine because I am in love with the Korean lifestyle as mentioned before, and also there's been a lot of videos, and posts about the Korean skincare. So I found a picture that mentioned the main steps, and because it's still hard getting hands on actual Korean skincare products, I have replaced them with the products that I am going to talk about below. Here's a quick rundown of how the routine is like (and the link):

1. Oil Cleanser/Makeup Remover
2. Water Based Cleanser
3. Exfoliation
4. Toner
5. Essence
6. Serums
7. Sheet Masks
8. Eye Cream
9. Moisturiser
10. SPF (morning)


Morning: 

1. Wash Face
2. L'Oreal Pure Clay Glow Scrub
3. Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturiser
4. Simple Eye Balm
5. Garnier Day Cream

 

In this section, I will go in depth about each product. 

- Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water. I have already mentioned this product in my previous skincare post which can be found here. But I love it! It does its job, and really moves all the makeup needed. It's nearly finishing which is a shame because I found this at a really good price from Primark, and I am on a tight budget at the moment, so even buying it from Superdrug is breaking my heart hehe. But I guess this gives me a reason to check out the new rose collection they have!

-  L'Oreal Pure Clay Glow Scrub. This is a holy grail of mines. I love this product so much. The result it gives is the reason why. This product was actually picked unintentionally. My main aim was to buy the Red Algae clay mask, and because I saw this one on offer, I picked it thinking it was the same thing just different packaging. Only until I got back home, did I realise that this one was a scrub. Bu hey! Thankfully it was worth it <3 Not much product is needed for this, I just squeeze a bit out, and scrub it lightly in circles around my around my face. I then wash it off in lukewarm water and use a face cloth to wipe my face clean. 

Honestly, I cannot stress the difference I have seen by using a face cloth. Since it's used purely for the fact there are fewer bacteria being passed on to the face. If you use a general towel because you use it for hair, body or whatever, you don't know what is on it. But have a separate cloth or towel just for the face is so helpful. Plus you can always chuck it in the wash whenever. I use a white cloth, so when I wipe my face I can tell, whether there is still any makeup/products left on my face.

Nivea Pure & Natural Cleansing Toner. I will be honest with this product. I don't always use it. Not just that but when I purchased it, then because I needed a toner, I straight went ahead for this one. But I think I might need to wisely pick another one because I know how important toners are. Trust me the Korean Skincare videos, mentions it all. But I use this product by putting some on my hand and pat it gently over my face. And overall it does its job. It makes sure my face is properly cleansed before I put any other products on my face. So if you have any toner suggestions that are affordable obviously, then let me know!

-  Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturiser. This product is a SAVIOUR! My spots no longer last for more than 3 days, to be honest. Before I used this all over my face, but now I use this to target the affected areas only. So when I have spots, then I rub this product around the spot, smoothly so my skin takes in the moisturiser. And when my face is clear from spots, then I put this product on my forehead, cheek and chin as usually, spots appear on those areas. 

- Garnier Day Cream. This cream is light and moisturising. I like it. It has rose water in it, which was one of the main reason why I bought it since rose water works lovely on my skin. I just love the benefits of using rose water. It hydrates my face and definitely keeps it soft during the mornings. But since I have not used many Day Creams, I can't say that it's the best, and this is another product which if you guys have suggestions for dry/combination skin then leave them in the comment section down below. 

- Superdrug Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream. This product is lovely. I like the scent of the cream, and it's pretty moisturising. I wake up with my face feeling smooth and nice, which is definitely what I want. This as well, just like the Day Cream, is something I need to explore because I am new to it. However because there is a pattern/order to what I use, they are working well with another. 

- Simple Eye Balm.  I love it. It is definitely so soothing when I pat a little on the eye bag area. Obviously, eye bags occur because of lack of sleep, which I am trying to change hehe, but it's still nice to use this balm because it cools down that area, and make it look less dark, which is what I love. Plus it helps relaxes the area which is a bonus. With this product a little goes a long way, you just need to squeeze a little, then gently pat it either under your eye, or rub it around your eye (so the eyelid and eye bag area).

- Superdrug Vitamin E Facial Oil. For people with dry skin, I can't even stress enough how useful and important Facial Oils are! It honestly helps so much in terms of keeping it hydrated, moisturised and smooth. I love ending my night routine with this because once I apply few drops over my face, and massage it in, then I see the difference it makes one day after another. Even with this product, you don't want to use too much of it otherwise your face would get too oily, so just a few drops here and there is perfect. I got to say I am honestly so surprised with the Superdrug Vitamin E collection, so if you are looking for something affordable and good then maybe check it out.


Night: 

1. Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water
2. L'Oreal Pure Clay Glow Scrub
3. Nivea Pure & Natural Cleansing Toner
4. Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturiser
5. Simple Eye Balm 
6. Superdrug Vitamin E Night Cream 
7. Superdrug Vitamin E Facial Oil

//

There are still more steps needed to this skincare routine, such as essence, sheet mask and sleep mask. I did incorporate sheet mark/face masks in the beginning but because they have all finished, it's not part of the routine at the moment. However, there hasn't been any change to my skin at all. My skin has been feeling so much better in the past one month, and it makes me really confident because I don't have to wear makeup always. For me, having a really good skin means less usage of makeup which honestly is the case to breakouts etc sometimes. That's why I now focus more attention on the skincare so if I were to use makeup then not many products are required. 

This routine has helped so much with my acne. I no longer get attacked by spot one after another, and when I do it is just the occasional ones, which I can easily handle by using the Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturiser. I am still in the hunt of getting actual Korean products because let me just say Koreans are pretty ahead of us in Fashion and Beauty. They know! I know Cult Beauty does some, but they are quite limited, and then obviously customs are a right pain in the backside.

Lastly, with this routine, I do it every day. Yes, it takes time, but you can jam to some music or watch the first 10 minutes of a show whilst you are doing this because at the end of the day it's actually doing something good for yourself. Because I haven't gone a day without using the routine, I can't say what would happen, but I had heard that because your skin ends up being used to these products, if all of a sudden they are not used, it could cause it to maybe... Bring out some stupid spots again. So basically stick to it hehe. Hope this post helped any of you readers out there! Remember what I use may not be right for your skin so...

KNOW YOUR SKIN. RESEARCH PRODUCTS. LOOK AFTER YOUR SKIN. 

You May Also Like

0 comments

Instagram